Terms & Conditions
- By submitting an entry into the “ Ultimate Solar Prize Competition 2020” (Competition) conducted by Sunbank Solar (ABN 86 610 972 686) of 1/990 Whitehorse Road Box Hill, Victoria (Promoter) you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions will be deemed invalid.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia, aged 18 and over and who own their own property and reside in it as their primary place of residence. For the avoidance of doubt, to be a valid entrant, the entrant’s name must be on the title of the property for which an entry is submitted. The property must be located in a state or territory that is not Western Australia, Northern Territory or certain households located in Queensland (those not in the Energex distribution network) (Competition Area) and be suitable for solar energy (including have suitable roof space, not be a heritage building and have a suitable space to install a battery).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Competition commences on Sunday 1st November 2020 at 9:00am (AEST) and closes on Monday 30th November at 5:00pm (AEST) (Competition Period).
- To enter you must visit the website ultimatesolarprize.com.au and fully complete the online Competition entry form, including submit a response to the statement “Describe to us in 25 words or less how dramatically reducing your energy bills will help your household”. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database.
- All entries must be a creation of the entrant only with no claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other Competition.
- Entry is limited to one entry per property. If you enter more than once, your first entry will be judged and any subsequent entries will be invalid. Any form of automated entry using any other devices or software is invalid. Entrants must only enter in their own name. If an entrant is found to have entered under more than one name, all entries by that entrant will be invalidated.
- There is one (1) prize to be awarded in this Competition. The prize the winner will receive comprises:
- Up to 15 Risen 330w Solar Panels (RSM120-6-330M 120 Cell) (if the winner’s property is not suited to accommodate this number of panels (in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion) the number of panels will be reduced accordingly));
- SAJ 5kW Single Phase Inverter (R5-5K-S2);
- Eveready® Energy Vault 5.1kWh Battery (AS1-3KS-10.2);
- Installation of the above panels, inverter and battery (including travel and freight costs);
- Membership with Members Energy for 12 months; and
- A Members Energy credit to cover the cost of the Daily Supply Charge (see definition below) for the Prize winner for 12 months; and
- A credit towards up to 300kW of energy usage per month for the Prize winner for 12 months.
The maximum total Prize value is $15,572.50 (not including the credit for usage for 12 months).
This maximum total Prize value is calculated on the basis that the daily supply charge which covers the cost to connect to the grid (Daily Supply Charge) is $1.40 per day, which based on the most expensive distribution network as at the date of these terms, and is subject to change. Please note that the Daily Supply Charge may vary based on the distribution network in which the Prize winner’s property is located and the Daily Supply Charge may differ for different distribution networks. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
For the 12 month period of the Members Energy Membership:
- If the Prize winner exceeds the energy usage included (300kW per month), the Prize Winner will be required to pay any usage charges in excess of this amount (at the rates set out in the energy contract);
- The Prize winner will not be entitled to receive any energy trading benefits for the initial 12 month period. Any potential earnings will be used to set off any amounts incurred for usage exceeding the Prize winner’s included usage. These potential earnings will remain as a credit on the Prize winner’s account and will be used to offset any future excess usage charges during the 12 month period.
- This Competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the Prize winner. All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be judged on their literary and creative merit. The judging will take place at Sunbank Solar 1/990 Whitehorse Road Box Hill, Victoria 3128, and be completed by 5:00pm (AEST) on Monday 14th December 2020. The entry judged to be the best will win the Prize. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified at the email address provided to the Promoter from Monday 14th December 2020 and will need to respond to provide further details to determine their eligibility, such as the suitability of their home for solar energy and agree to comply with the terms of the solar energy product/s offered as part of the Prize. The Prize will be forfeited if the winner fails to provide this information within 30 days of the notification. The Promoter then reserves to offer the Prize to a runner up. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure a correct/valid email address is provided at all times.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value and in any case the Prize value will vary depending on the winner, the nature of their residence and which solar system is suitable for their needs. The Prize must be taken as offered. No modifications or exchanges will be possible unless otherwise required by law, and the Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell all or any part of the Prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the Prize. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
- In the event that the Prize, or part of the Prize, is unavailable or not suitable for the winner’s residence (as determined by the Promoter), the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize or part of the Prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the Prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification.
- If the winning entry is determined by the Promoter to be invalid, the Promoter then reserves to offer the Prize to a runner up.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Competition. The Promoter may use the entrant’s names and literary pieces for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter excludes all warranties in relation to any prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter and its agencies will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning any prize. Independent financial advice should be sought by the prize winner as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner will be required to enter into a further agreement with the Promoter, or its related companies, that will govern the terms on which the Prize is provided to the winner. These terms are available upon request from the Promoter.
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to Prize or be liable for any damage that occurs to the Prize.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
- By entering this Competition you agree that your email address will be added to the marketing database for Sunbank Solar and Members Energy and agree to receive promotional and advertising materials from these sources. You can opt out of further communications any time.
- These terms and conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.